Dr. Isabell Eva Baumann is Postdoctoral Researcher at the Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) and Associate Member of the Institute for German Language, Literature and Interculturality.
She wrote her doctoral thesis on identity constructions and images of nations in the context of Luxembourgish literature and media at the University of Luxembourg and the Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, USA). After studying Political Science, German Studies and English Studies in Trier (Germany) from 2003 to 2006, Isabell Baumann first completed her studies in European Cultural Studies in Luxembourg in 2009 (B.A.) and received her Master's degree in Langues, Cultures et Médias (Languages, Culture and Media) in 2011.
Her main research interests are:
- Educational systems in multilingual environments
- Theory and practice of didactic blended learning concepts
- Social inequalities in educational systems
- Language and education policy
- Multilingual and intercultural societies
- Cultural identity constructions
- LuxERA (Luxembourg Educational Research Association)
- LGV (Lëtzebuerger Germaniste Verband)
- DGV (Deutscher Germanistenverband)
- GSA (German Studies Association)
- IVG (Internationale Vereinigung für Germanistik)