Patrick Sunnen is Associate professor of Educational Sciences in the Institute of Education and Society. Since his doctoral research, he relied on video analysis to construct data and generate findings with regard to human sense-making in joint activities. Over the last years he moved from a video ethnographic approach to an EM/CA inspired approach to conduct multimodal interaction analysis of joint activities in teaching/learning situations and ICT-mediated contexts.
- PhD in Educational Sciences at Frankfurt University, Germany
- MA in ICT in Education at Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- "Diplom-Pädagoge, Außerschulische Bildung" at University of Trier, Germany
- "Certificat d’études pédagogiques" at "Institut Supérieur d’Etudes et de Recherches Pédagogiques", Luxembourg
- Since 2008 Associate Professor in Education at the University of Luxembourg.
- 2005-2009 Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of Luxembourg
- 2004-2005 Scientific collaborator on a project at the University of Luxembourg
- 2002-2004 Scientific collaborator at Frankfurt University
- 1993-2000 Primary school teacher
- Learning in joint activities, teaching/learning situations, ICT-mediated joint activities, EM/CA inspired video analysis"
Learning in Joint Activities
ICT-mediated Joint Activities
EM/CA Inspired Video Analysis