Standing with Ukraine
*** Applications to the Fellowship programme are now closed. If you have any further questions, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ***
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences at the University of Luxembourg offers 25 fellowships to PhD candidates, PostDocs or other researchers who have recently fled Ukraine due to the war.
Relevant research areas
- Psychology/Cognitive and Behavioural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Geography/Urban Planning/Architecture
What we offer
- Fellowships of six months, with the opportunity to extend
- Funding for accommodation
- Funding for costs of living
- Status as Visiting Researcher / Visiting PhD candidate at University of Luxembourg
- Access to central services of the university (library, email, if available also office space)
- Integration into an existing research team and, for PhD candidates, supervision by one of the supervisors of the Faculty
- Support in finding accommodation
How to apply
- Fill in the application form here
- Indicate your status / position in Ukraine (e.g., PhD candidate at University of ...)
- Indicate your areas of research and expertise
- If applicable, indicate researchers or, in the case of PhD candidates, supervisors whom you could envision as hosts (please find a list of PhD supervisor willing to host PhD students from Ukraine below)
We will try to match you to a research team or to a supervisor. If a match can be made, we assign fellowships on first-come, first-served basis.
Your request can be made in English, German, French, Ukrainian or Russian. You must, however, have a sufficient command of English, German or French for your application to be considered.
Please note that you have to have the "Status of Temporary Protection" in Luxembourg at the time you start your fellowship (for official information see here ; also see https://ukrainians.lu/temporary-protection-status/).
If you have any further questions, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com